Friday, December 19, 2008

Back from the land of the dead...well sort of

I'm back. I must apologize for my absence /hiatus, but between work, school, and not completely abandoning my family I just could not find the time to blog. Today is my birthday. It is also the first day that I do not have any classes to attend/tests to take/papers to write. The next few days are also the first days off I have had in a long, long time. Am I happy all is said and done? I am. I think that some might be more excited than myself. They are a few loose ends that I need to addressed but for all intents and purposes I have finished my collegiate career (that is until I get an itch and decide to get a graduate degree). Many say that the school is the hard part. I would tend to disagree. I think that finding that perfect dream job is harder. Especially when the economy is looking more and more like 193x. we will see what happens. I have a few leads, none of them real serious, and we will just have to wait and see what happens.

But enough of that. I would like to thank a few people. To all my friends and family that helped with various projects, encouragements, and the such. Thank you llegue, State of Obvious, and Ordinary and Occasionally Extraordinary for giving me something to read and a chance to escape. To my boys who are the spice of my life. Finally to my wife who has been there through thick and thin, thicker and even thinner, and everything in between. She has put up with me, school, long work hours, my crazy ideas, and a countless number of other things that I have subjected her to. No matter my accomplishments, my experience, or how many pieces of paper I may have I am nothing without her. Without Krissy am am only 1/4 of the person that I am she is my motivation. Fortunately she is very forgiving and understanding of me. I am the luckiest person n the world to have a spouse like her. I cannot say Thank you enough.

Tonight we will celebrate with my siblings, their spouses, and a good friend of mine. This place is awesome. The Sugarhouse bbq is worth stopping at if you are in Salt Lake City.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Nate!
And you shouldn't have :P
Enjoy your break and we'll be praying for you in the job department. What kind of job are you looking for? The interhizzy might assist you if we know what to keep an eye for.

Carianne said...

Congrats Nathan!....and Happy Birthday

Heather said...

Congrats, and Happy Birthday! Wish we could celebrate with you.

Nathan said...

my degree is in technology management, with a focus in automotive technology. technology management is "doing" side of business. we focus on qc, inventory controls, manufacturing processes, project and portfolio management and the management side of these things. so something in that job area.

Silly Teacher said...

No, Thank you for reading my nonsensical trip! Congrats! Jerry sends his hellos and we need an email or snail mail address so you can receive the World Famous Anderson Christmas Newsletter...if I do say so myself..i ave surpassed myself!

Silly Teacher said...

uh i mean nonsensical tripe...tripe

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

welcome back! and happy late b-day & congrats on graduating!!!! so exciting!