Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dr. Pepper Ice Cream...really?

So about a week ago a friend of mine I were talking and the subject of ice cream came up. He began to tell me about this place called Sub Zero Ice Cream (which turns out to be owned by neighbors of kristens parents). At Sub Zero Ice Cream they make your ice cream in front of you using liquid nitrogen. You first choose your base. Then you choose you flavoring and any mix ins. Then they fill the bowl with liquid nitrogen and begin mixing. The result is a very tasty and smooth ice cream. My friend tells me that they will make Mountian Dew ice cream. I responded "really? Is it good?" "oh yeah" he says. So he goes and gets some for us and it tastes like Mountain Dew. I mentioned that it would be awesome to have Dr. Pepper ice cream. My friend quickly responds that they can do that also. So a few days later we go to Sub Zero Ice Cream to get some Dr. Pepper ice cream. It turns out that they use the soda syrup thatone would use to make various sodas to make some of the flavors they offer. Dr. Pepper ice cream is good. I have had twice in the last week. Sub Zero Ice Cream does off other normal flavors, but this is the only place that I know of where you can get Dr. Pepper ice cream.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Uh oh. Now Jensen will be able to name that place along with all Kris' gas stations!