Thursday, March 19, 2009

Now that the previous post is off of my chest I am ready to update everyone on life. Life is good, it could be better, but at the same time it could be worse. I realize that there are many who are in worse situations than I am. I have a decent job, I have my health, I have my beautiful family, and I have the most amazing woman for a wife. For these things I am extremely greatful. Many right now are missing one or more of the previous qualifiers. I am still looking for a job though. So far luck has not been on my side (or maybe it has, depending on the point of view). I have applied for several jobs and have yet to get an interview, very depressing. For a while I began to doubt myself. But after several conversations with several people I have come to realize that I am not alone.

I can't wait for spring to get here. We are anxious to get out into the great outdoors. Utah truly is an outdoor enthusiasts paradise (I will argue the point with anyone). Spring keeps threatening to come by giving us short spells of beautiful weather. Just enough to intoxicate one into thinking about getting the gear out of storage and planning a trip. Then we get drop kicked back into reality with a winter storm. An example: the last few days have been beautiful and this Sunday it is suppose to snow. This has been a regular occurrence for the last several weeks. Mother Nature truly is indifferent and at times cruel. Ethan is excited to get back on the trail. Jensen is excited as well because this year he gets to come with us. I am still trying to find a decent baby back pack. Kristen wants to come on some hikes with us this year. The problem being that we have a six month old. Hauling a baby in your arms to 10,000+ feet is not impossible, but it is not very comfortable for parent or baby and could be potentially dangerous for both. Unfortunately the various baby back packs that I have looked at are very expensive. While I do not have a problem paying money for quality products I do have problem spending $200+ on a pack that will see 1 or maybe 2 summers of use if we are lucky. If anyone has any suggestions please comment. Until nxt tm.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i hiked carlsbad with my wrap but Ammie was only four weeks old and a bit smaller. Brey is a lot bigger than her. It was 40 dollars. If you wanted to try and see how it feels Adrienne has mine right now you could check it out and see if it works for you. I love it but everyone is different. It is easy on the body to because the weight is carried all through you back and shoulders not just on two spots on your shoulders like other baby carriers and back packs. Down side baby is super snuggled to you so you are carrying a mini heater with you.